Please note this page will be updated in late august- Registration is not open for 2020/21.
UWALAC is pleased to offer a fantastic program – UWA Tiny Tots.
UWALAC Tiny Tots
- 3-4 year olds ( born 2016, 2017)
- A 45 minute session on each regular competition day
- 8.15 am-9am followed by a race on the main track
- $80 for the season (14 competition days)
- Tiny tots will be run by 2 coaches from our centre.
- Register online via the registration page.
- New Members to UWALAC Pick Tiny Tots as your duty roster
- Existing members can add their Tiny Tot via their HQ profile and don’t need to pick a roster
- Tiny Tots will receive a registration number.
- Uniforms are optional , we encourage our tiny tots to wear black shorts and a blue or white t-shirt
The Tiny Tots program is for children from 3 to 4 years of age that encompasses skills based games that are focused on participation and fun. The fundamental skills of running, jumping and throwing are approached through “appropriate” activities for 3-4 year olds. Emphasis is not on competition but on the development of young children and this is incorporated in play and relatively unstructured games. Tiny Tots is fantastic for the development of gross motor skills, balance, co-ordination and fitness as well as being heaps of fun.
Games include activities such as running and jumping over rope ladders, mini hurdles, hoops, throwing and catching bean bags or playing with the big parachute. The children also get to participate in ‘Athletics’ events such as 50m run on the track and throwing a vortex. There is no training for Tiny Tots-just the session on a competition day.
- f you have other children registered at the centre then you can leave your child in the capable hands of the Tiny Tots Coaches.
- If you are from outside the centre then we ask that one parent or guardian stays with the child and assists the coaches as required.
- No times, distances, measurements or places will be given.
- Tiny Tots will be Limited to 30 places for the 2020/21 season.
- Tiny Tots (even under 6) cannot compete at State events (other than the Junior Athletics Carnival)
- They compete on UWALAC competition days only.
Where to meet
- Meet on the hill on each competition morning at the Tiny Tots sign at 7.45am for Saturday morning competitions and 5.45pm for Twilight meets.
- Look for your coaches
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org