Big 6 Xmas meet Saturday December 2nd
What is it?
This is one of the highlights of the year for UWA Seniors and Juniors when they come together to run the BIG 6. This fantastic competition involves our UWA seniors and a host of Australia’s top senior athletes competing alongside our own UWALAC athletes. It is a night meet under lights! Records count and all events are official UWALAC events. Our little athletes will see some big throws and jumps, fast sprints and the elimination mile! Parent rosters are slightly different for some events on the night, both roster 1 and roster 2 are on together.
We have the following on the day:
- Face Painting
- Balloon Making
- Sausage sizzle, Cheeseburgers and coffee van
There is a modified program on the day and all records count.
Big 6 2023 Final – TBA
BIG 6 Start Lists – TBA
Parent Rosters for December 2nd
- Both Parent Rosters i.e. Roster 1 & Roster 2, run together. There are limited events and the BIG 6 on. We have all hands on deck at this meet. Site officials will direct you. Please note you may be moved to other sites as required due to the nature of the meet.
- Once your site is finished, please pack up all equipment. Sites have minimal events due to the modified program.
- Some sites will have the BIG 6 on-be prepared for big jumps and throws
Big 6 Rules
- All Big 6 athletes get 6 jumps and throws (They must do a minimum of 3).
- Both Parent Rosters. Roster 1 & Roster 2, run together. There are limited events and the BIG 6 on. We have all hands on deck at this meet. Site officials will direct you. Please note you may be moved to other sites as required due to the nature of the meet.
- Discus sites 3 & 4 and Shot Put 3 & 4 will be operational. So both rosters can split over the 4 sites -you will have help from other parents who have been shifted across roster.
- Once your site is finished please pack up all equipment. Sites have minimal events due to the modified program. Most sites have 2 or 3 events total.
- All Big 6 athletes get 6 jumps & 6 throws (They must do a minimum of 3). There will be special files on site for the Big 6 with rules and start sheets.
Big 6 Field Sites
- Long Jump Site1
- Discus Site 1
- Javelin Site 1
- High Jump will not be running
- Hurdles do not run for this competition, Parents on these rosters are asked to assist on Shot put 3 and 4.
- All parents on Discus Roster 2 will man sites 2-4. Discus Roster 1 will man sites 1-3.
- All parents on Javelin Roster 2 will man sites 2-4. Javelin Roster 1 will all do the big 6 event on site1
- All parents on Shot Put roster 2 will sites man 2-4. Shot put roster 1 will man 1-3.
- All parents on Long Jump Roster 2 will man sites 3-4. Long Jump Roster 1 will all do the big 6 event on site 1-2
- Set up has both crews on to get it done correctly.
- Set up start time is from 3.30pm.
- Pack up time is 7:30pm
- Thursday Equipment-both rosters are on together to get all the equipment checked and ready.