Please find below information regarding the Zone 2 State Qualifiers for 2021 at McGillivray Oval Sports Park. This page will be regularly updated leading up to the event.
McGillivray Oval -UWA Sports Park Mt Claremont
Latest Timetables and Information
Please check here for all the latest information on programs, qualification information, rules and start lists: https://www.athleticswest.com.au/events/87970/
Our Competition Director Matt Vine from Ridgewood has made an excellent track qualification summary here: Zone 2 Track Qualification Summary
Zones Rules: zonesrules2021
Zones Progressions: zones21progessions
There will be a clash tent set up next to the call room tent
Please find the site plan here: State Qualifiers Site Plan McGillivray Oval
Please find below a map of parking at McGillivray Oval. Please enter and exit the Oval via McGiillvray Road.
- You can park in the Rugby carpark, the soccer carpark and along McGiilivray Road.
- You can park in Hockey or Tennis carpark,
- Please do not park at HBF stadium or in the WAIS carpark.
Please find the parking map here: Parking Map Final
COVID Safety Plan and Requirements
There will be a special COVID Safety Plan in operation for the event. Please see below:
- A COVID tent will be set up with santiser, information and the venue Q codes for scanning in.
- There will be 2 COVID Marshalls attending the event over the weekend.
- Anyone over the age of 16 must scan in everyday at the event using the SafeWA App and scanning codes at the COVID tent or sign in using the manual sheets.
- Hand Santiser and disinfectant wipes will be available on every site.
- Anyone who has COVID or cold/flu like symptoms is asked to stay home and not attend the event
- We request for anyone who, within the past 14 days, has returned from interstate/overseas where the WA controlled border requires people to quarantine, to remain at home.
- If someone develops COVID or cold/flu like symptoms they will be asked to put on a mask and gloves and taken to a quarantine area by the Covid Safety Marshall who will be wearing mask & gloves.
- There will be hourly cleaning of toilets and all high contact services.
- Regular social distancing announcements over public address system.
- Please maintain single file and keep distances of 1.5m between patrons when queuing at food vendors.
St John Ambulance will be in attendance over both days and will be located next to the AJ Pavillion at the top of the hill.
Results & Recording Room
The recording room is at the top of the hill in the AJ Pavillion. Results will be posted on the East facing windows.
Lost property can be placed and found in the large yellow sulo bin at the entrance to the AJ Pavillion.
Please sign into your parent roster at the special roster desk at the AJ Pavillion at the top of the hill then report to your site.
If you are on BBQ roster please bring your own apron and hat to roster duty and make sure you are wearing closed in shoes.
The parent roster link is here: https://www.rosters.club/qualifiers/
UWALAC Parents: the UWALAC roster is uploaded on to the Centre APP and will be emailed tonight.
If you are a Chief or Key Official or in one of the roles below you will need to attend a brief meeting.
- Officials Meetings will occur at 7.30am, 10am, and 1.50pm on each day of competition in the AJ Pavilion where files and radios will also be available.
- Officials required to attend will be: Referees, Chief Field Site Judges, Call Room Chief, Clash Officer Chiefs, Start Teams and End of Track Chief Judges and Laptop Recorders.
- A short 12.45pm meeting will also occur to brief the PM High Jump Flop and Triple Jump Chief Judges as they will not be able to attend 1.50 meeting.
Food on the Day
- The UWALAC canteen will operate out of the white caravan and we will have a sausage sizzle in place.
- There will be 2 coffee vans
- Boost juice will be in attendance
- The Coles tent will have free bananas courtesy of Coles for athletes
- UWALAC Zones Canteen Menu
- Floreat Forum shops are located minutes from the venue
- IGA’s are located at City Beach, Wembley and Shenton Park
- Claremont Quarter is the closest large shopping complex
- Michael’s Chemist Wembley, IGA Centre, Shop 1, 322 Cambridge Street, WEMBLEY, WA, 6014 is open 7am-8pm Saturday and Sunday
- The closest hospitals are Perth Children’s Hospital and QE2 in Nedlands.