Big 6 Xmas meet Wednesday December 4th
What is it?
This is one of the highlights of the year for UWA Seniors and Juniors when they come together to run the BIG 6. This fantastic night involves our UWA seniors and a host of Australia’s top senior athletes competing alongside our own UWALAC athletes. It is a night meet under lights! Records count and all events are official UWALAC events. Our little athletes will see some big throws and jumps, fast sprints and the elimination mile! Parent rosters are slightly different for some events on the night, both roster 1 and roster 2 are on together.
There will be no training on Tuesday December 3rd due to the Big 6 meet being the following night.
We have the following on the day:
- Face Painting
- Bouncy Castle
- Sausage sizzle and coffee van
- Special visit from Father Xmas and a Xmas tent set up.
Draft only: 2019big6final subject to change
Here is some important information re Parent Rosters for December 4th
- Both Parent Rosters i.e. Roster 1 & Roster 2, run together. There are limited events and the BIG 6 on. We have all hands on deck at this meet. Site officials will direct you. Please note you may be moved to other sites as required due to the nature of the meet.
- Once your site is finished please pack up all equipment. Sites have minimal events due to the modified program.
- Some sites will have the BIG 6 on-be prepared for big jumps and throws-All Big 6 athletes get 4 jumps and throws (They must do a minimum of 3).
- High Jump roster 2 will run the big 6 competition. High Jump roster 1 will assist on Shot put 3 and 4 and Discus 3 and 4.
- Hurdles do not run for this competition, Parents on these rosters are asked to do assist at the following sites Shot put 3 and 4 and Discus 3 and 4
- All parents on Javelin Roster 1 will man their sites as normal- Javelin Roster 2 -will all do the big 6 event on site 1
- Set up is as normal with both crews on to get it done correctly. Set up start time is from 3.30pm –we have to set up extra for this day.Pack up starts at 7.00pm.
- Parents, athletes and coaches must move around the outside of the track on this day as the Big 6 High jump will be on the centre of the oval.
- Tiny Tots will race on the main track after their skill session with their Tiny Tots coaches
We encourage all parents on site to get in the Xmas spirit and support variety by wearing a red Xmas hat!